Hi! 👋 I’m Jane, and I do smoothies.
I don’t, and won’t, do diets ever again. My mission is to duck diets. Food blogs about smoothies are always about dieting/fitness, while general food blogs focus on the actual blogger and their life. I wanna change that.
One rule is followed on this blog when it comes to my recipes, and it’s that nothing if off limits. Cotton candy? Totes gonna try it. Granola bars? Yes. (I mean, nuts are off limits because I’m super allergic and will die, but for all that which I am not allergic to…)
Smoothies by Color will never focus on the healthiness/unhealthiness of smoothies, because as part of my ED recovery, I follow the food-is-not-good-or-bad philosophy and eat all the things.
I mean, I don’t want to encourage orthorexia or anything. 🤷♀️
Now for some smooth deets about me:
- While my food blog is new, I’m not a new blogger. My personal blog is Janepedia. I co-operate Crunchy Family with my cousin, Charlise (with whom I live).
- The official Sorting Hat sorted me into Hufflepuff. My patronus is a grass snake, my wand acacia wood with a unicorn hair core 12 1/4″ and Slightly Yielding Flexibility. Ilvermony house: Thunderbird. These are the only personality test results I care about and think relevant. 🤷
- I paint my nails religiously. 💅 This came with ED recovery; I can’t explain it beyond assuming I channeled all the ED behaviors into my nails. Nail-biting was a nervous habit done away with after Prozac kicked in, and painted nails = great way to express personality.
- Mindy Kaling got me through a really dark time in my life. It started with The Mindy Project and went on to reading several of her quotes. I’m totally highlighting things in Why Not Me? because some are too funny or real not to.
- Everything inspires me, but especially nature. 🌱 I comment about birds or photograph butterflies, and people assume specific things about me when they’d know the real me if they just asked and stopped assuming. Nature is beautiful; I feel connected to it.
- I’m the type of person who learns how to do things “just because” — not particularly for job purposes. I know how to + can rock climb, construct my own lamp, sing the alphabet backwards, paint my own fingernails (biweekly practice!), empathize + be a decent human being, tame stray cats, aid in toddler development (they’re a lot like cats), and a bundle of other seemingly useless things.
- I’m most zen when accompanied by peppermint tea and a good book.
- I’m a cat person — an ailurophile. I find I get on much better with fellow cat people.